Couples or relationship therapy or counselling is an evidence-based intervention that helps individuals or couples develop strategies that are focused on relieving the effects of a crisis situation.
Couples or relationship therapy or counselling helps couples or individuals develop an awareness of patterns that may unconsciously affect relationships, work towards changing those patterns and adopting new patterns that are focused towards fostering a stronger relationship and an awareness of self. Most likely your therapist is not focused at taking sides.
Couples and relationship therapy or counselling can be focused on improving:
- Sexual challenges (including erectile dysfunction, performance anxiety, lack of desire, among others)
- Emotional and psychological effects of a relationship breakdown
- Coping with breakup or divorce
- Rebuild broken trust
- Emotional and psychological effects of a past traumas
- Depression or anxiety with one or both partners
- Reconnection with a partner
- Healthy problem-solving skills
- Dynamics of their relationship
- Emotional bonds
- Amicable ways to bring their relationship to an end.
- Anger management
- Frequent conflict or high-stress levels
- Dealing with domestic violence
Your therapist helps with a wide range of issues, making use of evidence-based psychological methods and assessment, with a completely non-judgemental attitude and a compassionate approach.
You can come for couples and relationship therapy or counselling alone if the other party is unwilling.
Couples and relationship therapy or counselling can benefit couples in marriage (marriage counselling), preparing for marriage (pre-marital counselling), or at the verge of a breakup. In addition, you can book for a relationship therapy is you’ll like to learn how to cope with past traumas, breakups, or divorce as an individual.
You can assess online services anywhere, from the comfort of any device. However, physical therapy (face-to-face) is currently only offered in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria.
Lagos (Five locations) – Victoria Island, Ikota (Ajah Axis), Surulere, Ikeja and Festac
Abuja – Maitama
Learn the reasons why you should seek couples and relationship therapy.
WhatsApp: +234 809 6642 604
Call: +234 901 2410 880