Note: You’ll get assessment forms after you schedule a session. Assessments are done to assign individuals to small groups and are determined by your preference. More Group Therapy Information on Description Below
Therapy, also called psychotherapy, is an effective treatment for a wide range of mental, emotional and behavioural challenges manifested in symptoms that can affect our daily lives, relationships, communication, work, and education, among others. Therapy helps you overcome challenges, and make positive changes in life. When psychotherapy is offered by professionally trained psychologists, therapists, and counsellors it yields long-term benefits.
It’s important to note that, group sessions are psychotherapy sessions offered to a group. Our support group therapy sessions are led by experienced group therapists and members assigned based on assessment and preference. Based on the assessment, the therapist guides the kind of group and usually regulates who can join, along with when it makes sense to introduce a new person into the mix.
In addition, group sessions are built to target a particular need area. Group therapy has been proven to manage depression, anxiety, OCD, psychological effects of trauma, stress, breakup, and divorce. Sessions are also practical to help people deal with shyness, stress, and more.
Benefits of Group Therapy/ Support Groups
- Effective for a wide range of mental, emotional and behavioural challenges
- Understood and develop a deeper level of empathy
- Groups therapy sessions or support groups can help a person embrace vulnerability
- Group sessions give an opportunity to work on relationships
- Choose to access help anonymously (you can choose to remain anonymous)
- Group sessions are effective for learning how to give and receive support
- Get help at a convenient time, day, and place for you
- Group sessions are more cost-effective
- No matter where you are in the world, you can enjoy premium services
In order to get the benefits, it’s important to be committed, contribute, help others, and take intentional actions to help yourself. The therapist will offer recommendations during sessions. It’s important to consider these an implementation.
WhatsApp: +234 809 6642 604
Call: +234 901 2410 880